Valentine’s day is coming soon and it’s the perfect chance to share the love! It’s not just a special day for romantic relationships, but a wonderful time of year to celebrate all relationships in your life. With friends, family, four legged friends and anyone you know who would like to feel the love. Especially a wildlife lover!
The all important question, ‘what do I buy … for valentines this year?’ comes to mind at the start of every year, particularly when we enter February. A tricky one to answer, but we are here to help! Whether you are searching for the perfect gift, or need a helping hand to plan a loving gesture, our guide will cover it all.
We have put together a fantastic lineup of gifts perfect for gardeners, wildlife lovers and green fingered enthusiasts, and some great ideas for someone looking to celebrate this valentine at home in style. So, what follows should give you plenty of ideas for what you can do this year as our guide is complete with plants and seeds to give away, a variety of gifts to remember, romance in the garden and so much more!
We are also hosting an exclusive competition with the chance to win a bundle of gifts for Valentine’s Day! Keep reading to find out more.
Love Grows with a Rose
To start our guide, you can’t beat a classic rose on valentines. We have a selection of stunning rose plants you can give to someone special this valentine. The gift of a rose is one that will continue to grow, and it will see you through the valentine’s season and be with your chosen person for much longer than any shop bought ready rose!
Absolutely Fabulous is a compact growing rose perfect for the border or in a container on a sunny patio. This rose plant will produce superb clusters of ruffled sunshine-yellow fully double blooms. Each rose bloom has a distinct liquorice scent are produced throughout summer and into autumn.
Floribunda type roses produce deep glossy green foliage which will look beautiful amongst its golden yellow blooms.
Mum in a Million
Mum In A Million is a renaissance type rose with bright pink petals. Large and heavily scented blooms. These rose plants will make a beautiful addition to any garden.
These rose plants will look stunning planted in a border or sat in a sunny patio pot. You will enjoy masses of flowers throughout the summer. Perfect for cut flowers, to make floral displays. RHS Award of Garden Merit winner.
Precious Love will produce Clusters of beautiful roses with a mild fragrance and beautiful poppy red roses surrounded by luscious green foliage. Fill your garden with its delightfully light scent during the summer months. Repeat flowering with colour from June-September. Height 60-70cm; spread 60-70cm.
These are just a few ofour range of rose plants, so if you would like to see more, click the button below to browse our full selection!
A Flower for Your Valentine
Roses aren’t for everyone and there are plenty of other flower plants you can gift and grow!
Add Some Seeds to Your Valentine’s Day Cards!
Are you thinking about popping something extra inside your partner’s Valentine’s Day card this year? Well, how about a packet of flower seed? Cheap, fun and sure to raise a smile – the perfect token gift.
Sow the Seed of Love this February
Although February is known as the month of love, there are still plenty of seeds to sow including flowers and veg!
A Gift Which Lasts
If your feeling like making the extra effort this year, you can treat your wildlife lover or someone you know to something a bit different this year! We have put together a selection of gifts that won’t burn a hole in your wallet but definitely show you care.
Heart Shaped Apple Feeder
For this apple feeder, simply pop an apple onto the spike and your feathered friends will appear. You can also use plums, halved oranges, pears and other soft fruit. Made from strong galvanized steel with a powder coating to keep the feeder easy to clean and looking good.
Garden Signs With a Twist!
Seaton Zero Maintenance Love Seat
There’s something sweet about this love seat, and what a spot to cosy up together and catch up in the sun after a busy day. Made from zero maintenance polymer material, this garden seat has the appearance of wood with none of the upkeep.
Combining the latest manufacturing techniques and new polymer materials, our supplier has created a range of zero maintenance products that mimic the natural appearance of wood (including natural wood grain effect) without any of the maintenance drawbacks.
The love seat is all totally solid construction, with a slightly curved seat section to improve comfort.
Are you looking for a new garden sculpture? Our hanging stone Greenman and Greenlady tealight holder is carefully finished with an antique style and intricate details. She will age beautifully and transform your garden with elegance, charm, and a natural candlelit glow. This masterpiece has been designed by British sculptors and springs to life when a tealight’s inside. A special gift for family and friends, or a stunning addition to any garden, our Greenlady will bring nature, spirit and a calming atmosphere wherever you are.
This duo will bring outdoor sculpture you’ll love and a garden full of spirit!
Gifts for Wildlife Lovers
Stay close to nature and your garden wildlife with our inspiring gifts for wildlife lovers. Perhaps you would like to interact more closely with your garden friends, or know someone who already does, well why not treat them to something new this valentine!
Make Your Own Bird Feeder
Don’t throw away your tin cans! Reuse them to create your own feeder and enjoy watching the kids gain a hands-on appreciation of how items can be reused and recycled. This simple to use kit provides all the components needed to design and make their own unique bird feeder. A great way to keep someone you love super busy and put their design skills to the test! Includes 2 x wraps, feeder base, rubber stopper, string, instructions and section on how their bird feeder is helping to save the planet.
Bee hotel anthracite
Provide a home for the bee population in your garden! The bee hotel is a practical design. Not only do you protect to solitary bee by placing a bee hotel in your garden, but you also help the bees with their reproduction. The perfect environment for bees thanks to the bamboo sticks and holes in different sizes in the front panel. This way you can contribute to nature, and also add another eye catching feature to your garden.
3 in 1 Lens Set for Smartphones
The 3 in 1 Lens Set for Smartphones allows you to take photos like a professional from the phone in your pocket. Fitting both Apple and Android devices (including tablets), you can now take photos using a wide-angle, macro and classic 180º fisheye lens on a standard phone camera, front and back! Supplied with carrying pouch.
Are you a green fingered romantic? or know someone who likes a homemade gift? To celebrate the month of love in the garden we have some cheap and unique alternative gifts and gestures you can whip up within minutes for a loved one this year.
Heart Shaped Bird Feeder
1. In a mixing bowl, squish all your bird seeds, lard, cheese and raisons to make a tasty bird mix.
2. Place into the heart shaped cutters and tie your string through the bird seed mix.
3. Place in the fridge until the bird feed mix feels firm and the rope feels secure!
4. Give to someone special and hang up in the garden!
Pimp Your Plant Labels
We all use plant labels when it comes to naming and knowing our plants, but have you thought about writing something else on there this year?
You can make your plant labels the centre of attention and transform them into love notes. Simply write what you would like to say and place them back into your plants, pots and growing stations.
Valentine’s Day Competition
Valentine’s Day might not be your thing but, we know that growing your own is! From tasty toms to fiery chilli-peppers we want to see what you LOVE growing the most. Three winners will receive a selection of seeds and accessories to help get you sowing this year, including the irresistible Heartbreaker Tomato seeds!
Our favourite entries which miss out on the prize will be shared in next month’s newsletter.
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is Suttons, part of Suttons Consumer Products Ltd, Woodview Road, Paignton Devon TQ4 7NG
- No purchase is necessary to enter this campaign.
- This competition is open to persons aged 18 or over on the date of the draw, or persons under 18 with the expressed consent of their parent/guardian. Employees or agents of Suttons Consumer Products Ltd, their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- Entries must either be submitted via this webform or via our Social Media Accounts by tagging us.
- There will be three winning images, selected by an internal panel, and the owners of those images will each receive a hamper of gardening gifts. These images and other chosen images will be shared on Dobies social media channels and an ‘album’ will be created on our blog.
- By submitting your image into the “Valentine’s Day Competition” you are agreeing that your image can be used across all Suttons Consumer Products Ltd’s brands, for any purpose.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- The owners of the chosen images agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their name and photograph in such publicity.
- By submitting your image, you are agreeing to receive occasional emails from Dobies, from which can you unsubscribe at any time.
- By submitting your image, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. 11. The promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law. Entry to the competition shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions
- Entries must be submitted by 10.02.2021 and the winners will be announced on the 14.02.2021
We hope you find everything you need for Valentine’s Day coming soon, and that you manage to put a smile on someones face. Remember to share any of your gifts with us this February on our social media pages!
Check out our latest blog posts below!